WORKFORCE PLUS 20SQUARED PROJECT
Expression of Interest
- Help 12 young people from Broadmeadows develop real skills for work through a vocational placement in the Disability Services Sector
- Will use the young people’s real work experience from their vocational placement in building 20 Squared’s Virtual Reality Work Experience game (funded through the Empowering Youth Initiative).
- Training and Vocational Work Experience in the Disability sector, as well as Work Readiness, Digital & Filming Skills, including Workshops at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image
- You will get a Certificate in General Education for Adults, Certificate for the Disability Induction Program, Certificate of Participation in Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) workshops
LOCATION: At Level 2, 61 Riggall Street Broadmeadows
DURATION: 6 February to 29 June 2016, 25 hours per week
If you are interested, please call Wendy Mason on 0401 171 311 or complete this application form below telling us why you want to participate in 20Squared!
WHAT IS THE 20 SQUARED Project?
20 Squared is being run by Workforce Plus Inc, a not-for-profit Registered Training Organisation based in Victoria, with funding from the Australian Government’s Empowering YOUth initiative.
We are working with young people in Broadmeadows and in Colac over the next 12 months to help design and develop a Virtual Work Experience Video Game for the Disability and Community Care Industry.
Right now we are looking for 10 unemployed young people aged between 15 and 24 from Broadmeadows to join the 20 Squared Project.
To be eligible young people will need to be long-term unemployed (unemployed for 12 months or more), or at risk of becoming long term unemployed, a resident of Broadmeadows (post code 3047) and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- An Early school leaver;
- From an indigenous background;
- From a Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Background;
- Living with a disability;
- Have an illness impacting their ability to secure employment;
- Have been unemployed for a continuous period of six months or more.
The participants will undertake:
- Training, including with the Australian Centre for the Moving Image at Federation Square, work readiness, communication, introduction to disability services and preparation for vocational placement.
- Vocational placements with a local disability service organization where they will learn about working in Disability Services.
The 20Squared project team is going to gather information from the participants about their Work Experience to inform the development of the 20Squared Virtual Reality Work Experience Game.
Participants will develop new skills and become work ready and be supported to find and stay in work.
Expression of Interest Form
If you live in Broadmeadows (post code 3047), aged between 15 and 24 and are unemployed and interested in joining the 20 Squared Project please complete the application below.